If you record field audio, sound effects, podcasts, voice-overs, music, audio for film, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre-3 II is for you! With three crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you can record multiple actors, multiple podcasters, or audio for small productions with superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
Your MixPre-3 II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries. Adjust limiters, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power to your liking. Trigger your camera with the internal timecode generator, or feed timecode in via HDMI or Aux In. The choice is yours!
Professionals love the flexibility of the MixPre Series. Don’t need all those options? Basic mode has you covered.
Your MixPre-3 II is rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera – or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre-3 II can capture audio for any application. Our friendly and knowledgeable support team, based in the USA and Germany, is here for all your questions and comments. Our job is to make your job easier.
- 5 Tracks: stereo mix + 3 single inputs
- Recordings with maximum 32-bit float / 192 kHz
- Dynamic range: 142 dB (A weighted, gain = 10 dB, fader = 0 dB)
- Built-in timecode generator
- Kashmir microphone preamplifier with 76 db gain
- Noise: -128 dBu maximum (A-weighting, gain = 76 dB, 150 Ohm source impedance)
- Limiter per channel
- Low Cut Filter 40 Hz to 160 Hz, adjustable with 18 dB/Octave
- 5-in/2-out Audio Interface (USB-C)
- SD, SDXC or SDHC card recording up to 512 GB
- Timecode input
- 3 Mic/line XLR Inputs
- Stereo aux/mic input with 3.5 mm jack
- 48V Phantom power
- 3.5 mm Stereo output
- Headphone output
- Powered by 4 x AA batteries, bus-powered via USB-C or mains adapter
- Free Wingman app for remote control of the MixPre II series
- Scope of delivery: MX-4AA battery case and MX-PSU power supply unit
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 36 x 144 x 110 mm
- Weight: 0.48 kg (without batteries)